Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My 2 Favorite People!


      It has been over a week since I have blogged and I have missed it tremendously! When I started this journey I promised myself I would only try and miss a day or two at a time but LIFE has a way of interrupting things on a well planned agenda.  So, now that I am able to get back to what I LOVE, I have decided to dedicate this space to my two angels... I remember the day my son Christopher was born, I was 23 years old and was afraid ishless of what was happening.. I wasn't ready to be a mom but as soon as I looked into his eyes, my whole world changed. On May 25, 1995, I was now responsible for a beautiful baby boy. From that point on, I was on a mission to be the best MOM I could possibly be. He became my instant new roadie.. everywhere I went, he went.. he loved to shop, I loved to shop, he  loved to eat, I loved to eat, Christopher became the reason I excelled at everything I put my mind too. He gave me all the inspiration and strength I needed to complete my college education and become a successful teacher. Today, he is 15 years old and one of the most well rounded young man that I know. He is definitely a teenager but a well respected one. Everyday, I thank GOD that he chose me to have such a wonderful son.
        Ten years later, along came Skai. I was at a different place in my life, married and having a baby. When the doctor said: Its a Girl, I cried like a baby... The tears were for the baby girl that I lost and the little girl that I was carrying, who I look soOOO forward to meeting. Skai Bella entered the world on June 19, Father's Day. What a present to give a dad! Devin was so overjoyed. The hospital room was 20 deep with family members and all eyes were waiting for our princess. The moment she came out I was in love.. while pregnant, I constantly ask other parents of more than one child, how do you find enough love for two? I LOVED Christopher with my entire being, that I worried that I wouldn't have enough love for Skai but the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew I had enough LOVE to go around. Now, instead of me having one roadie.. I had two. I had always prayed for a daughter and now that I had one, my life was complete. My Princess looks exactly like her daddy but she is every bit of me... prissy, girlie, loves shoes, clothes, mani, pedis and anything that involves being a Princess. Christopher and I have totally enjoyed having this little DIVA around. She has brought so much laughter and joy to our family that LIFE JUST COULDN'T BE ANY SWEETER!
My heart: Christopher
My heart: Skai Bella







 
My 2 ANGELS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment