Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

October is BREAST CANCER MONTH!


      Three years ago, I lost one of my very best friends to breast cancer. She received her angel wings on the same day as my daughter's birthday. So now when I celebrate my Princess' birthday, I celebrate the life and memory of Anjie Soares, as well. She will be forever LOVED AND MISSED! Today and every day this month, I will dedicate this space to her. Women, it is so very important to have a yearly breast examination completed. It is better to be safe than sorry! I ask all of my BLOGGER FRIENDS AND FAMILY, TO PLEASE WEAR A LITTLE PINK FOR ALL BREAST CANCER VICTIMS AND SURVIVORS for the month of OCTOBER!!!

This poem is dedictated to Anjie Soares

Our Hero

So tender and so gentle, as only she could be
For all that she believed in, as far as we could see
Was living life and having fun and don’t forget her love
For “angel” does describe her best along with her white dove.

She said to laugh and cry with joy, and don’t forget to sing
All the songs she’d taught us, like the wind beneath my wings.
That was her favorite song you know, so sing it out my dear
But don’t regret that she is gone, she hears you loud and clear!

Today we learned what hero means, she’d be so very proud
To see her name so brightly lit from atop her great white cloud.
She watches closely over us and guides us through each day
So please remember Anjie, each and every time you pray!

Not one of us would disagree, she left us way to soon
The only time we see her now is through the big bright moon.
Her legacy lives on today and those who knew her boast
That life and love and laughter too, are what she loved the most.

Thank you for being my friend! We miss you STILL...!
Love,
Me, the Prince and the Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment