Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Take Home Thursday


  I saw this recipe on a fellow bloggers site: www.moptopmaven.blogspot.com and I couldn't just read the post and walk away.. I had to TAKE THIS HOME.... I love cookies, especially chocolate chip and sugar butter cookies but I couldn't resist this recipe. I will be putting my baking skills to the test come this weekend. Take a look at what I found:


Snickerdoodle Cookies!!!!




    Yummy, right????
Below you will find the recipe. Who is going to join me, in making this recipe?Leave me a comment on how well your cookies tasted!!! Did you think it was easy or not and how did you like the snickerdoodle cookie??
Snickerdoodle Recipe - Yields 4 Dozen [Adapted From RecipeZaar] : 
2¾ cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1½ cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350°F.
  • Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
  • Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.  
  • Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
  • Chill dough, and chill an un-greased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
  • Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
  • Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
  • Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
  • Place on chilled un-greased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
  • Remove from pan immediately.   
** Cool dough and pan in between batches**
   
Thanks Moptop Maven for this recipe!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment